Working Out

Check in with here as we encourage each other to a healthy and balanced life!!

Moderators: Jess, vwong, Design Team

Working Out

Postby vwong » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:48 pm

What's in your work out regime these days??? Anything new I should try????

I signed up DH and dd#1 to take pilates and yoga. They are loving it and coming home relaxed :)
-Virginia
"What do you do when things go wrong? Embellish!"
vwong
Creative Team

Re: Working Out

Postby rosien » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:10 pm

Thinking about running a 10k again in May so I'm hoping to add running on the treadmill to my workout regime. I'm currently working through a workout series on YouTube, there is a TON of free workouts videos there if that's your thing :)
---Rosie---

My Blog
rosien
Creative Team

Postby vwong » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:45 am

rosien wrote:Thinking about running a 10k again in May so I'm hoping to add running on the treadmill to my workout regime. I'm currently working through a workout series on YouTube, there is a TON of free workouts videos there if that's your thing :)

What are your favorites Rosie?
-Virginia
vwong
Creative Team

Postby GennyV » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:58 am

I started at a spin/barre studio last summer when I gained all my summer weight a month early.. :oops: :oops: I'm pretty sure everyone thinks I joined a cult studio, I enjoy it so much!! :D :D I don't take offence, but I know I sound like a broken record all the time because it has done wonders for my physical AND mental health over the last 5 months. The best part is that it's 2 minutes from my house. Today's class was spin/yoga. There's nothing like busting out a sweat and then slowing down in a relaxing yoga class. Again, does wonder's for my mental health!
Genny
GennyV
Bebe Shotz

Postby Lynnette » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:44 pm

I need to get back to the Y. I have a membership there and they have lots of great drop-in classes that I used to take 3-4 times a week.

I've been lazy lately!! I haven't gained any weight but that's only because I've lost ALL my muscle-tone. Not a good thing at my age!!

Lynnette
Lynnette
Goddess Shotz

Postby vwong » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:20 am

GennyV wrote:I started at a spin/barre studio last summer when I gained all my summer weight a month early.. :oops: :oops: I'm pretty sure everyone thinks I joined a cult studio, I enjoy it so much!! :D :D I don't take offence, but I know I sound like a broken record all the time because it has done wonders for my physical AND mental health over the last 5 months. The best part is that it's 2 minutes from my house. Today's class was spin/yoga. There's nothing like busting out a sweat and then slowing down in a relaxing yoga class. Again, does wonder's for my mental health!

Do you do alot of ballet moves? I need to do more flexibility and strength training :oops:
-Virginia
vwong
Creative Team

Postby Stacy V » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:24 am

vwong wrote:
GennyV wrote:I started at a spin/barre studio last summer when I gained all my summer weight a month early.. :oops: :oops: I'm pretty sure everyone thinks I joined a cult studio, I enjoy it so much!! :D :D I don't take offence, but I know I sound like a broken record all the time because it has done wonders for my physical AND mental health over the last 5 months. The best part is that it's 2 minutes from my house. Today's class was spin/yoga. There's nothing like busting out a sweat and then slowing down in a relaxing yoga class. Again, does wonder's for my mental health!

Do you do alot of ballet moves? I need to do more flexibility and strength training :oops:

Wanna take a Ballet Barre class with me on Friday at the Marda Loop church?? :D :D

Drop-in is expensive but they are continuing their $10 Friday barre class this month. Actually, I think I can take each friend for free once this month. I'm also going Wednesday for a Barre belles class (hand/ankle weight class) :D
Stacy V
Stacy V
Bebe Shotz

Postby rosien » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:52 am

vwong wrote:
rosien wrote:Thinking about running a 10k again in May so I'm hoping to add running on the treadmill to my workout regime. I'm currently working through a workout series on YouTube, there is a TON of free workouts videos there if that's your thing :)

What are your favorites Rosie?

My most recent favorite is Bodyrock...I am working on their 'Intermediate' program right now, they send you a free workout video M-F. There is a beginner program as well. These are short workout programs, High Intensity Interval Training...HIIT and boy do they work! 12 minutes only, but a tough 12 minutes. I used to be a person who thought the only way I could do pushups and get a 'real' workout was by exercising at least an hour everyday but I am now a believer in these shorter workouts.
I've also seen Jillian Michaels workouts on YouTube and I know I've mentioned https://www.fitnessblender.com before. They have sooooo many types of workout videos...cardio, weights, HIIT, yoga, kettle bell, bodyweight only, pilates, cardio kickboxing, etc.
---Rosie---

My Blog
rosien
Creative Team

Return to Health and Wellness